Are you an advocate for water safety and a passionate people focused leader? Do you have the drive and skills to build a new and dynamic team in a continuous improvement environment?
With a vision of creating the premier sporting precinct in regional Victoria, the Rural City of Wangaratta has undertaken a $16 million expansion of the Wangaratta Sports and Aquatic Centre and is currently recruiting exceptional people to join this impressive venue when Council starts management on 1st
Featuring a brand new 50m outdoor pool, 25m heated indoor pool, 24/7 gym, indoor stadium and courts, cafe and squash facilities, WSAC will be the healthiest place to be in Wangaratta.
We are now establishing our team, creating exciting plans and programs and are looking for people with positive and dynamic mindsets to come on board. Be part of the future of this key community facility!
We are seeking an experienced Operations professional
to join our team and lead our OHS & compliance while growing our aquatic participation, our staff team and our business. You will be a leader passionate about safety and facility presentation.
A solution-focused problem solver, you thrive in a busy leisure centre environment and are confident to lead a team through continuously improving our communities’ experiences. You will have extensive knowledge of pool operations and learn to swim programming, with an emphasis on seasonal recruitment cycles.
Your strong background in plant room operations and management will help support the team to identify process improvements and deliver efficient operations. You will be comfortable with leveraging technology to improve the business and achieve outstanding audit results.
You will have
• Experience in a senior role within the leisure industry, including OHS management responsibilities.
• Demonstrated commitment and adherence to organisational values and behaviours.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the OH&S Act, RLSSA operational guidelines, Safety Map and the Health Act.
• Detailed knowledge and working understanding of Swim School Program
• Experience in employing, training, monitoring and motivating staff.
• Sound financial management skills, being able to write and perform to budget.
• HLTAID003 Provide first aid
• HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• SISSS00111 Pool Lifeguard
• SISSS00110 Aquatic Technical Operator (Pool Operations Course)
• Working with Children Check
• Must maintain a satisfactory Police Check
Reporting directly to the Precinct manager, this role suits a capable leader, ready to step up and contribute wholeheartedly to our vision of building the best regional sporting precinct in Victoria.
This is a fabulous opportunity to build a centre you want to be a part of and shape the future of this key community venue. Ideally suited to those looking for a career step towards Centre Manager.
The salary is between the range of $ $73,112 - $79,040 per annum.
For further information, PD and a confidential discussion please call Dan Sawyer
at MP Training and Recruitment
during business hours on 02 6057 9333
For role specific enquiries, please contact
Chloe Davies – Sports, Aquatics & Events Precinct Manager on 0408 389 667 or email@example.com
Applications Close 3rd August. Your application will need to respond to the Selection Criteria.
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria; we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.