Our leading client based in Albury NSW
, provides Integrated Automation, Electrical and Engineering Services.
We are looking to them with a highly motivated and experienced Controls & Electrical Estimator to join their team and play a key role in the development and securing of new business to VK Logic.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Estimator role is a newly created position, responsible for leading the development of the controls & electrical solutions and cost estimate within complex, technical and engineered proposals. We are seeking a person with previous estimation experience and a sound knowledge of the electrical industry and electrical works, with a strong understanding of project costs. You would work closely with all areas across the business, to review job documentation and develop an accurate assessment of the labour, material and plant items required. You would also optimise the internal estimating function by identifying gaps in the estimating process and standardising and streamlining the processes through the implementation of robust procedures.
To be successful for the position you have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong understanding of Electrical, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic schematics, CNC motion control, Robotics, PLC’s, HMI’s
- Strong knowledge of electrical power and distribution systems and manufacturing and automation
- Ability to read, understand and interpret drawings and specifications
- Ability to estimate small to large projects with experience working on complex tender packages and a demonstrated proven track record of winning successful tenders
- Client focused with the skill to assess client needs, provide solutions and maintain relationships
- Results-driven and incredibly proactive
- Strong commercial awareness and an ability to work accurately with figures.
- High attention to detail Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well presented with a positive attitude
- Highly proficient in the use of technology (Microsoft Office)
- Trade Qualifications – preferably Electrical or Business Qualifications highly regarded
- A current Australian Driver Licence
- A strong commitment to WHS
On offer is the opportunity to advance your career in a fast growing and dynamic company that is locally owned and operated, excellent remuneration package and a great team environment that rewards you for your efforts.
For further information contact Andrew Doubleday
at MP Training and Recruitment during business hours on 02 6057 9333
To apply please go to our website and upload your current your Cover letter