- Wangaratta Sports & Aquatic Centre
- Newly renovated community facility
- Be a part of the new team!
Are you keen to build and grow a program post COVID? Do you love leading a team to deliver great water safety outcomes for our community? We need you to lead our Learn to Swim program and deliver excellent service to our schools, parents, program participants as well as be strong leader and supporter of our staffing team.
A solution-focused problem solver, you thrive in a busy leisure centre environment and are confident to lead a team through continuously improving our communities’ experiences. A strong technical understanding of swimming, educational approaches and customer communication is essential.
Your drive will be to ensure that every person has an equitable opportunity to learn to swim – a core life skill. You will enable our community to be safer around water, as well improve health outcomes through promoting water-based exercise and casual swimming.
Your strong background in administration and management will help support your team, and you will have a hands-on coaching approach with the team, sleeves rolled up, leading by example.
Key Selection Criteria
- An understanding the operation and educational principles of a high-quality Swim School program
- Ability to develop strong sustainable relationships with schools, staff and members of the public
- A strong understanding of customer expectations with swim school administration process and the technology to support these
- Ability to monitor budgets, rosters and delivering successful business & community outcomes
- Ability to be an effective leader & coach of staff and promote water safety and the WSAC programs widely
This is a fabulous opportunity to build a team culture you want to be a part of and shape the future of this key community venue. If you’re ready to contribute your skills to our vision of building the best regional sporting precinct in Victoria – apply now.
This is a FULL TIME position with salary between the range of $62,244 - $64,220 per annum.
The position is available immediately.
Applications will require addressing the Selection Criteria,
so for a copy of the PD please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.