- Wangaratta Sports and Aquatic Centre
- Newly created leadership role
Are you a passionate people focused leader? Do you have the drive and skills to build a new and dynamic team in a continuous improvement environment?
With a vision of creating the premier sporting precinct in regional Victoria, the Rural City of Wangaratta has undertaken a $16 million expansion of the Wangaratta Sports and Aquatic Centre and is currently recruiting exceptional people to join this impressive venue when Council starts management on 1st
Featuring a brand new 50m outdoor pool, 25m heated indoor pool, 24/7 gym, indoor stadium and courts, cafe and squash facilities, WSAC will be the healthiest place to be in Wangaratta.
We are now establishing our team, creating exciting plans and programs and are looking for people with positive and dynamic mindsets to come on board. Be part of the future of this key community facility!
We are seeking an experienced Customer Experience and Participation professional
to join our team and lead & grow our community participation, our staff team and our business.
A solution-focused problem solver, you thrive in a busy leisure centre environment and are confident
to lead a team through continuously improving our communities’ experiences. Your marketing strategy and innovative approaches will result in tailored partnerships and participation opportunities available for more of our community.
Your strong background in administration and management will help support the team to identify process improvements and deliver efficient operations. You will be comfortable with leveraging technology to improve the business.
Key Selection Criteria
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- SISSS00111 Pool Lifeguard (able to be obtained with support upon employment)
- Working with Children Check
- Must maintain a satisfactory Police Check
- An understanding of the drivers & barriers to participation in leisure services, and experience in creating strategies to leverage and overcome these factors.
- A strong understanding and involvement with using technology to deliver exceptional customer experience, including significant business improvement initiatives.
- Strong business acumen, including experience developing and monitoring budgets, plans and delivering successful business initiatives
- Proven ability to develop strong sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be an effective leader of staff and collaborate with others across WSAC and other Council departments.
This is a fabulous opportunity to build a centre you want to be a part of and shape the future of this key community venue. Ideally suited to those looking for a career step towards Centre Manager.
The salary is between the range of $73,112 - $79,040 per annum.
To apply please upload your cover letter and current resume below...
For further information, PD and a confidential discussion please call Dan Sawyer at MP Training and Recruitment during business hours on 02 6057 9333
For role specific enquiries, please contact –
Chloe Davies – Sports, Aquatics & Events Precinct Manager on 0408 389 667 or email@example.com.
Applications Close 3rd August. Your application will need to respond to the Selection Criteria.
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.